Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In the Garden

  1. I come to the garden alone,
    While the dew is still on the roses,
    And the voice I hear falling on my ear
    The Son of God discloses.
    • Refrain:
      And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
      And He tells me I am His own;
      And the joy we share as we tarry there,
      None other has ever known.
  2. He speaks, and the sound of His voice
    Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
    And the melody that He gave to me
    Within my heart is ringing.
  3. I’d stay in the garden with Him,
    Though the night around me be falling,
    But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
    His voice to me is calling.
  4. Charles A. Miles, 1913

This is James' favorite song. I was surprised when I found that out, for some reason. He's a big, burly Alaskan. Raised on a fishing boat. Commercial fishing since he was 9 yrs old. the middle of 5 boys and one younger sister, his Mother had died when he was 16 and the rest of his time at home was with a heartbroken tough old Cajun father who was gone weeks at a time working.
   Not really a garden kind of guy you would think. But he has a tender heart of gold and he knows that God is where he finds his quiet and strength and isn't afraid to admit that to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment